6.2.13


I had some pages left from an old Fern Hollow book I used for this project.  I couldn't bear to throw them away without butchering them one last time, so I made some magnets for my fridge.

I rough-cut the pictures I wanted and glued them to thick, heavy cardboard.  Once dry, the images were cut out carefully with strong scissors.


The wrong side of the images were then glued to some other book pages so that the back of the magnet wasn't just plain cardboard. This was unnecessary, but I was in a pernicketty state the day I made these.


 Again, once dry, trim the backing carefully, and you're left with something like this -


Coat them with one or two layers of polyurethane varnish, or any other sort of non toxic lacquer you can find in your partner's messy sty of a shed.    Trim some magnetic strip to size and stick it on the back of the image with strong glue.  (I don't buy magnetic strip but use one of the many million promotional magnets we get with our mail from local businesses and real estate agents - thanks, guys!)


And, wooooo, the gang's all here -



I have a few other old and charming children's books which are not fit to give away (thanks to Sophie May), so I'm going to make a few more of these.  A fridge covered in fairies, foxes and hoot-owls - ooooh, I can't wait!   In the meantime, I hope you...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...